Our overall aim as a church school is:
To provide the highest standards of education and care in an outstanding Christian community
To achieve this, we will…
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of the Christian way of life and nurture the seeds of faith through the display of kindness, tolerance and concern;
- Instil a love of learning that develops the whole child and is fun, stimulating and purposeful;
- Fulfil individual potential and develop self-confidence by taking pride in abilities and achievement;
- Exude a happy and friendly environment, placing All Saints at the heart of the community where everyone feels welcome and cared for;
- Embrace and adapt to an ever changing world with imaginative, innovative and proactive minds to prepare for the next step in life.
- Develop excellence in ICT, where children can confidently, safely and with expertise take their place in a technological world.
The achievement of these aims and objectives within a stimulating creative environment will enable the children to achieve their full potential and become informed, positive and active members of society.
The school was founded in the 1850's by the Church of England as part of Hockerill Teachers' Training College. The separate boys' and girls' schools were closed down in the early 1960's when the new combined school was built on its present site in Parsonage Lane.
All Saints is a one-form entry school. There are seven classrooms in the main school plus a purpose built nursery unit. The school is fortunate to have a large main hall, dining hall, library, smaller purpose built teaching rooms and an extensive playing field.
In May 2014, a full Ofsted Inspection was carried out and the school received a very good report. A copy of the report can be found on our website. We were very pleased with the outcome of the inspection. The report acknowledged not only the very good academic results but states that the school provides outstanding care for its pupils.
Parents are very welcome to visit the school and should ring the school office to arrange an appointment.